Here at Teckna Group, our borehole soakaway designs can be used where a traditional style of soakaway won’t work. This can be due to geological properties which mean site conditions and whereabouts mean traditional drainage will be too expensive to install. A deep bore soakaway provides the ideal alternative and can be used in various domestic and commercial projects.
Borehole soakaway design
Soakaway borehole drilling is a similar process to that of water borehole drilling and similarly installs WRAS approved PVC casing and screens.
To understand the geology below the site, a free desktop site assessment must be carried out. This will provide a quote for the project with costings for the design, drilling, installation and testing clearly outlined.
Why a soakaway borehole is useful
Soakaway boreholes are extremely useful as they provide a smart alternative to a traditional way of drainage, being a far more cost-effective option, whilst still achieving the desired outcome with the same amount of quality. They have a huge impact on the surrounding environment by offering an efficient way of collecting surface water and preventing flooding. Providing a good source of drainage they also help to keep the ground soil moist and in optimum condition.
Soakaway borehole drilling
We install soakaways and like our they offer the following:
- All relevant health and safety information and requirements.
- Drilling using rotary air/mud drilling techniques to the required depth.
- Installation of the relevant liner using perforated for lower section and solid above
- Installation of suitable gravel pack to support the liner and allow easy percolation.
- Grouting of the borehole.
- Permeability Testing for flow rates to DIGEST 365 standards
- Supplying and fitting of the siphon head.
For further information about our borehole soakaway designs don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experienced, knowledgeable team. You can contact us by calling 01257 421700 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to answer any questions and queries you have about soakaway borehole drilling.